Do You Know Enough About MRSA?

Do You Know Enough About MRSA?
Don't Fool Yourself. Protect Yourself.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

COMPLICATIONS and THE QUIET PHONE

MORE COMPLICATIONS
Today, I had to see the dermatologist. I have what appears to be psoriasis on my elbows and some of the joints on my hands. He wants me to start using a topical ointment, and will see me back in a few weeks. If there is no change, he wants to biopsy it. He also wants me to see a Rheumatologist, which makes sense since I have a history of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I also spoke with my Infectious Disease doctor today. I broke out all over my chest (thanks for that... having MRSA is a big enough blow to my self esteem, now I have to cover up "the girls" too. Gheesh! Anyway, he thinks it's a Sulfa allergy, so I have to change medications.
I just spent $300 on meds last week. This is all I needed.
And by the way, the dermatologist didn't wash his hands when he came in, he shook my hand, and he didn't wash his hands on the way out either. You can bet your bottom dollar I got a big ol' dollop of hand sanitizer after shaking his hands. How can a doctor be so stupid when the clinic already admits they are aware of the MRSA outbreak in the area.

THE QUIET PHONE
I called my parents last week and let them both know I have MRSA. I haven't heard back from them since. I figured they would at least call to see if I was feeling any better since starting my meds. See, that's the damn stigma of this disease. Everyone thinks you're "dirty". Let me tell you, those who are all cocky and think they are not "in the same class" as those afflicted with MRSA are in for a rude awakening. Soon, you will have it, too.

No comments: